.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dilettante's Diary: the internal dialogue of a hedonist bluestocking.

I am a dilettante. I know quite a bit about a lot of things, but I don't know enough to be an expert on anything. I have a very sensual, hedonistic nature, but I am also a thinker, and I aim one day to be worthy of the label 'bluestocking', despite its pejorative connotations.

This is my journal, which, delightfully enough, doesn't have to go wherever I go, but is accessible from nearly everywhere I am.

Monday, June 06, 2005

No problem, no solution

"Zen reveals that there is no problem and no solution. Zen reveals that there is no where for man to go out of this world; no tavern in which he can overcome anxiety; no jail in which he can expiate guilt. So, instead of telling us what the problem is, Zen insists that the whole trouble is just our failure to realize that there is no problem. And, of course, this means that there is no solution, either."
--Bruce Lee

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Is that kinda like a powerlessness? I'm sorry, I am just not buying that.

1:05 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger KR said...

Me, advocate powerlessness? Hah!

No, I think its more that we create our problems out of nothing, and then we want some one or some thing to provide a solution. The lesson is not that we are powerless, but that we are powerful. We create reality. We can uncreate it, too.

2:01 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote. thing no thing. ????

2:43 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Paul Mitchell said...

Hey, I uncreated an accident on the freeway this morning, that was cool.

6:06 AM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home