Baking
I baked brownies last night using Dagoba's lavender chocolate, extra virgin olive oil, and orange flower water where my recipe called for water, then swirled in a bit of cream cheese blended with some sugar and more orange-flower water. My place smelled so yummy! And they came out perfect: 2" thick, heavy, not too cake-like, not too fugdey. I brought them to the pregnant lady at work and she could not believe I had made them. "They taste like gourmet!" she exclaimed. Of course they do. I made them.
Work was busy, for the most part. I haven't wanted to think much about D's letter. More memories are surfacing. I remember when I was 13 she told me it was just as well she'd married my father because if it wasn't for her he would have killed me already. Perhaps she was right. Should I be grateful to her for my life? I should be on the phone calling my therapist for an earlier appointment, that is what I should be...



3 Comments:
Brownies made with Dagoba. Wow. Your post is mouth watering.
There are good European style chocolatiers in San Francisco (Joseph
Schmidt, Scharffenberger) but The
San Francisco Chronicle rated Dagoba
No.1
Yes, I prefer Dagoboa for cooking, even over Scharffenberger (which has put me in conflict with some friends). I like that the chocolate is organic and that it is a local (Oregon) business. It is also its the only high-end chocolate I have found that comes in the interesting flavours they have.
The only other chocolate I prefer to Dagoba is Valrhona, and that is for straight oral consumption rather than cooking.
Kelly, what is your friend Connie's husbands name? I used to work at oregon Zoo and my supervisor there was with the opera
Post a Comment
<< Home